CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

This is a blog about life.

My life, to be specific.  I like to think that I have interesting things to say; I hope you'll think so, too.

This blog is about a beginning, of sorts.  Its genesis coincides with my decision to seek training as a childbirth doula.  It's an exciting time for me, because this is the first time in my adult life that I have felt that I know what I want to be when I grow up.  (Yes, I realize that, being 35, I should have already "grown up", but what can I say.  I'm a late-bloomer, maybe. *wink*)

It's funny how it all came about.  You know how people say, "I just woke up one day and knew?"  (Do you roll your eyes at that?  I know I always have.)  That's literally how it happened for me.  (Well, okay; not literally.  It actually happened while I was walking down the stairs, after putting my littlest boy down for a nap.  SHAZAAM!)  I've wanted to be a lot of things in my life: a princess, a professional horseback rider, a veterinarian, an author, a lawyer.  I have never felt about being ANY of those things, the conviction I feel about becoming a doula.

This blog is, primarily, about my adventures in becoming a trained birth doula.  That isn't all that you will find here, but it's the primary flavor.  I hope that you'll come back for seconds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment